International travel insurance is a type of insurance policy which provides cover against trip cancellation, trip delay, medical expenses, baggage loss, and many more. Under this plan, all your mishappenings about foreign trips are taken care of.
There are international travel insurance companies which provide certain variants to fit into insured’s needs and budget. This type of plan has features like cashless hospitalization abroad, loss of checked-in baggage, no medical test for individuals above 80 years of age, and others.
Benefits of International Travel Insurance
International travel insurance comes with a lot of benefits. A few of them are mentioned below:
- It offers emergency medical treatment and assistance which includes pre and post hospitalization expenses along with repatriation expenses. It is a part of travel insurance policy that guards the traveller against any medical contingencies
- It provides trip cancellation and trip interruption coverage in case your trip terminates owing to personal or professional reasons
- If your baggage is lost due to any reason, in that case, the insurer would offer a complete amount to the insured in account of total or complete loss
- It provides legal liability coverage occurring from loss to a third-party
- If you lose your travel documents then the overseas travel insurance online offers fees to reapply your documents
- If someone is hospitalized then a daily allowance is offered to the concerned person due to accident or sickness. This feature is especially included in international travel health insurance
- It provides the benefit of repatriation of remains
- If you die during the trip then the insurance company will pay the complete amount to compensate you or your loved ones
Inclusions of International Travel Insurance
International travel insurance inclusions are illness cover, loss of baggage, belongings & baggage cover, trip cancellation & disruption cover, medical/accidental/financial emergency benefits, flight delays/cancellation, passport loss cover, third-party cover, legal cover, repatriation cover, death cover, dental cover, theft cover, hijack risk cover, compassionate visit, trip delay, missed connection flight cover, delay in baggage arrival, home burglary insurance, and others.
Exclusions of International Travel Insurance
International travel insurance exclusions are that if passport loss compliant goes unregistered with police authorities then the loss incurred will not be covered, no medical cover if any existing disease were not disclosed before the start of the policy, loss from mental incapability, under depression or influence of alcohol or drugs, purpose of travelling is medical treatment abroad, travelling without the recommendation of your healthcare provider, diagnosed with critical disease before your travel, and any casualties or damages owing to war or nuclear threats in the concerned country.
Also Read– Schengen Travel Insurance
Eligibility Criteria of International Travel Insurance
To avail international travel insurance plan, following eligibility criteria has to be met by the policyholder:
- Anyone falling below the age group of 3 months to 60 years of age can apply for the international travel insurance policy
- The age limit to avail this plan should be minimum 3 months and maximum 60 years of age
- This plan provides a cover for up to 4 dependent himself or herself, spouse, 2 children up to 21 years of age) individuals
- This plan comes with two types: one cover for family members under the comprehensive sum insured and another where the sum insured is divided amongst each member
- Students below the age group of 16-40 years can purchase this international insurance policy but they need to be enrolled at the concerned university from where they are pursuing higher education
- Senior citizens up to the age of 85 years can be included without pre-medical screening under senior citizen travel insurance plans.
Process to Renew International Travel Insurance Online
International travel insurance can be renewed online in 2 methods. Let’s have a look at them:
- Instant renewal facility provides you with a quick & convenient option wherein you just have to fill and submit the basic details and authorize the payment with your bank account through internet banking, debit/credit card
- The second option of easy sign-up allows you to simply login your customer account with your insurer. After logging in, authorize the payment with the chosen payment method.
Thus Fly safe and enjoy your trip with International Travel Insurance.